Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sticky Hands



The other night I was getting Will ready for bed and grabbed a cloth to wipe his face and hands. We got home late and decided to skip his bath. When I finally manged to corner him with the rag he wanted to know why I had to wipe his face and hands.

I told him his hands were sticky and they needed to be washed.

Will immediately hid them behind his back and told me, "But I need them sticky so I can climb the wall."

I won, the hands got cleaned but I had to shake my head at his foolishness. I had forgotten about Will's tendency to climb things or I would have rephrased my explanation. Will is always slapping his hand flat against a wall, door, window, or slide and attempting to pull himself up via Spiderman-style.

Today we spent hours in the back yard and Will ended up making him a mud pond to play in. Pretty soon he was coating his feet and hands in mud and climbing up the slide backwards. "Look momma," he cried in excitement, half way up the slide. "I made my hands sticky and now I can climb the slide."

Who knows, maybe he'll grow up to be Spiderman.

No comments:

Post a Comment