Friday, March 13, 2009

Have you ever . . .

Have you ever invited someone to a picknick miles away from the cloest store or sign of civilization? You arrive early with your best tablecloth and a great wine. A yummy desert you baked your self. They arrive. As you start to unpack the bag you realize that you forgot the main course and the dishes? Sure, you can limp by on salad and desert eaten with fingers and drink from the bottle of wine . . . but it's just not the way it's suppose to be.

I went to a near by town tonight to their scrapbooking night. It only happens once a month and my schedule rarely lets me go. The great thing is it is from 7-12 at night so Steve can watch Will. The bad thing is that is about 20 or so miles from my house, so you better take everything you are going to need with you.

Yep, you guessed it . . . I forgot something. Well, pretty much everything. Will and I made Steve a small scapbook for Valentines day -- from Will. In it we put all photos of the two of them together. The bad thing is that we made it in my bedroom and Steve arrived home before we finished. So I stashed everything we were making it out of site; and forgot about it.

When I was preparing to go out tonight I made sure the latest stickers I had purchased were packed. I made sure I had the scrapbook I would be working on packed. I actually remember thinking as I was loaded everything up to go that it felt more roomey in my cases than normal.

As soon as I get to the location, I start unloading items and spreading them out. Still no clue. It wasn't until I went to look for solid color paper that I realized I had left 70% of my scrapbooking paper at home. As I continued to soldier on, I realized I had also forgot my straight cutting scissors, my clear tape, tape runner, and my paper cutter.

I refused to just come home and give up, and I refused to ask anyone for anything. If my friend Charlene had been with me, I probably woudn't have even noticed the lack. But she couldn't make it tonight, so I was alone.

(On a side note to Charlene, the class is under new management and each time they hold it a new process is TAUGHT. Tonight they taught all interested to make exploding boxes. I'd show you how, but as I had no scissors or way of cutting paper, nor of holding it togther afterwards, I skipped the class.)

I did finish two spreads. And I have to say for picnic desert eaten with fingers; they aren't half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment