Monday, March 16, 2009

And Papa Too

This evening Will and Steve spent a lot of time out in the back yard. The day was perfect, low- to mid-70s, with the most beautiful blue skies imaginable.

The boys played on the fort, jumped on the trampoline, dug in the dirt, played with the dogs, and finally . . . swang on the hammock.

Will and I lay there often and look for birds or squirels. Last year there was an entire family of baby squirrels we could watch play in the trees. We have feeders out all over the place so there are usually birds flying in as well.

Steve laid down on the hammock with a cold one and Will climbed right in beside him. I went out to check on them as it was getting dark and was informed by Will that they were looking for squirrels, birds, snakes, and monkeys. I laughed and left them alone.

When I was putting Will in the bath later, Steve stuck his head in and asked Will if he'd told me about his wish tonight. Steve said as soon as they saw a star they had wished on it, and that Will had wished for his mommy to be happy. I just smiled.

Then Steve told me, "I asked him what about Papa? and he looked at me funny then said, 'and papa too'."

No comments:

Post a Comment