Friday, January 16, 2009

Today I am the Window

I know you've all heard the saying:


Some times you're the window,
Some times you're the bug.


Well, today I am the window. (And I have to say after being the "bug" for the last few months, that it feels damn good.)

Last Sunday, Steve took Will and drove to Kerrville to go fishing. They left about 10 in the morning and didn't make it back until almost nine that night.

I went shopping BY MYSELF. I didn't have to push a basket around the entire store just to keep Will corralled. I didn't have to drive said basket in the middle of the isle to keep Will from randomly pulling shit off the shelves. I didn't have to wrestle the small hands that grasp for candy at the check out. Oh yeah! Look at my bad self.

I had lunch with a GROWN UP; who didn't bring a kid with them. We ate at a place without a playscape or "kid's meals" on the menu. I tried new foods; my appetite in shock over options that didn't include "and would you like fries with that". We ate at our own pace and sit and visited after the meal. I'd almost forgotten what that felt like.

Then I came home and played around with new pattern ideas. One flopped, BIG TIME. One came out really well. And another I only got about half way done. I took my time on them. I'd work a little while, then read, then go outside and lay on the hammock.

I dyed the gray roots in my hair. Spent the rest of the day in loose comfortable clothes that didn't match but were comfortable as hell. I picked up a pizza for dinner and had two different guys flirt with me. Obviously, they were more attracted to my joyful happiness than my startling clothing choices.

That was a good day. In fact, it lead to a good week.

BUT, the really startling news is that tomorrow Steve is going back to Kerrville fishing again and he's TAKING WILL. Again.

Yep, today I am the window.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome to be the window!You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete