Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Writers always write!

This is an expression my dad, Steve's dad actually, has used more than one time over the last few months. It's always in context to either my writing, wanting to write, or Ann's writing.

While driving today, I was thinking about if I had been "writing" all my life. And oddly enough, I have. I just had to think about it a while.

For the last few years, I've written instructions for making items.

Prior to that I managed a department that I wrote guidelines and established procedures for.

Prior to that I worked for a map company where I wrote points of interest blurbs and assembled date for maps and atlases.

Prior to that I wrote letters. It's odd, because I quit writing people once I moved past this stage. But I use to write long handwritten page, upon page, upon page of detailed information and funnies about life and sent them to everyone. I did this almost the entire time I live in Brady.

And yes, prior to that, I wrote for the joy of writing. Poems. Stories. I even wrote an entire book in long hand when I was 16, then burned it in one of those teenage rebellions against one's self.

It was humbling for me to finally realize exactly what Lew was saying.

A writer always writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment