Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Easter Rabbit Ran out of Eggs

After my class today I stopped by to pick up candy and things for Will's plastic eggs. We have a laundry basket of eggs that we've purchased over the years for the girls. I made it home about six and we had supper.

About seven Steve admitted to forgetting to get anything for desert for Easter -- a sin worthy of death in many states, this one included. Will and I ran to the store and picked up something sweet. About 8:30 I went to get our basket of eggs so that when Will fell asleep I could stuff them.

They're gone. I looked every where. They are just not here. Not in the attic, garage, or any room in our house. Steve even looked for them. We are eggless.

While there are 24-hour stores, I'm not up for shucking my PJs after Will goes to sleep and driving into town for egg shopping at midnight. For some reason I don't understand, Steve has convinced Will that an actual Easter Bunny is going to come and leave eggs -- unless he's a bad boy.

To make this even worse, I bought tons of SMALL candy and toys to fit in small eggs, so it's not like I can just wrap up 10-15 big packages and hide them.

As Will was getting ready for bed I started digging around trying to find something to wrap the goodies in. I pulled out tons of left-over tissue from Christmas. Will asked me what I was doing and I told him, "I'm going to cut these papers up in case the Easter Rabbit runs out of eggs."

Bless his heart, Will immediately responds, "So he can wrap up the goodies."

Will finally fell asleep a little after 11 and I, a.k.a. the Easter Bunny, have been wrapping up candy and goodies in pieces of paper and tying the ends to hold them closed. I have red fingers and an aching wrist. Not to mention that one of my feet is asleep. And yet, when I look over the HUGE pile of small packages I can't help feel a sense of . . .

Well, I can't help but feel like I should have checked for eggs yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm dying laughing! Easter Bunny "droppings" is what you have LOL

    ReplyDelete