Sunday, March 7, 2010

Senior Moment


This weekend, my best friend, Charleen, and I spent scrapbooking. We are fortunate enough to be able to leave family and responsibilities behind two to three times a year and escape for a weekend of creativity, food we don't cook ourselves, female-type humor, chick flicks, and alcohol.

At breakfast this morning I found exactly what I wanted to eat, only it was on the Seniors Menu. All I wanted was eggs, hash browns, toast, and bacon. The same breakfast I grew up eating when I went out as a younger person - which apparently was a LONG time ago. I figured I would order it, and if the waiter give me a hard time I'd ask him to just create the same meal option and charge me whatever he wanted as the Senior Menu was for people over 55 and was discounted.

He didn't even blink an eye.

Charlene gave me hell about it. I just shrugged my shoulders and ate my breakfast.

It was really good and I saved twenty percent. What's not to like about that?

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, he did not think you were a senior. I'm guessing just a lazy waiter that didnt want conflict.

    ReplyDelete