Friday, March 19, 2010

A Box of Naked Chicken


I'm a big fan of skinless, boneless, fatless chicken. It's not that I'm overly health conscious. I just don't like to be reminded I'm eating animals; it takes all the enjoyment out of my meal. Needless to say, I'm the only one in my house that feels that way.

Both men in house love to eat things off bones, tear through skin, and chew on fat. Just call them Fred and Bam Bam.

Will is going through a growth spurt at the moment and eating two to three times what he normally does. He also gets cravings when going through one. I believe that most cravings, other than for sugar or carbs, are probably your bodies way of telling you what you need.

While returning a movie this evening, Will and I passed Bill Miller's Bar-B-Q. While we are not fans of their bar-b-q, we do like their fried chicken. Well, Steve and I like their chicken. Will just likes the crust on their chicken.

And you guessed it, Will wanted chicken.

We went home with a ten piece box of chicken, all white. Steve wasn't home yet and Will was starving. I peeled the skin off of three breast pieces and put it on a plate for Will. You don't even want to know how gross it looked. I ate two of the breast for supper. But Will asked for seconds, and a few more pieces of chicken got stripped. Then he asked for thirds. By the time he was full the entire box of chicken was naked.

I had to giggle as I closed the box the last time, imagining Steve's expression when he opened it later.

"Ha, Ha, Fred! No skin for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment